As your business and product catalog grows, the need for the right Product Information Management (PIM) software becomes crucial to your success. It’s critical to pick the right tool that saves you time and helps you in achieving your goals.
In today’s omnichannel market, suppliers need a central hub through which they can communicate their product data, and retailers need complete and accurate product data on all their online stores.
In this article, we’ll cover the 9 best PIM tools to choose from for your business.
Akeneo is an enterprise-level solution that is designed for companies that have major operations spanning across borders. It provides the ultimate omnichannel, cross-border experience for users with its multi-language features. It’s perfectly suited for companies dealing in tens or hundreds of SKUs as well as product attributes. The platform can handle large amounts of data, hence is suited for bigger enterprises.
- Centralized product information
- Distribute product data across multiple channels
- Rule and validation workflow creation for supplier data
Pricing: Akeneo has two editions: Community and Enterprise. The Community Edition is a free open-source PIM. The Enterprise Edition requires an annual subscription to purchase a license, and you need to reach out to the Akeneo team to get a pricing quote.
2. inRiver PIM
inRiver’s PIM lets you sync your product data to multiple online selling platforms, marketplaces, e-commerce sites, catalogs, mobile devices, in-store PoS systems, and more. It also provides extensions for Magento-based stores, and the solution offers a planner app that you can use to schedule future campaigns, promotions, and product launches.
Moreover, you can easily onboard your suppliers and enhance the quality of your product data with reduced errors and inefficiencies.
- Extensions for Magento-based stores.
- Supplier onboarding tools to improve information quality and reduce errors.
- Planner app to schedule future campaigns, promotions, and product launches.
Pricing: inRiver PIM doesn’t publicly give out its pricing information. In order to get a quote, you’ll need to reach out to inRiver directly for pricing.
Apimio is an all-in-one PIM solution that allows you to centralize all your product data in one place. You can add, edit and maintain quality product content across multiple channels, without any additional manual labor. You can invite your channel partners and keep them updated with product changes at all times through live data feeds. Enable your channel partners to integrate with their favorite e-commerce platforms and marketplaces such as Shopify, Magento, or Amazon.
It provides users a PIM with DAM capabilities to ensure their online stores display complete and accurate product descriptions with high-quality images to increase conversions.
- Centralized product data.
- Optimized and validated product descriptions and images for selling points.
- Sync product data to multiple selling channels.
- Collaboration between suppliers and retailers.
Catsy PIM lets brands centralize all their product content in one place. Catsy streamlines the process of sharing content with your online retailers, marketplaces such as Amazon, and e-commerce sites, creating a seamless user experience. It is built specifically for small- to mid-sized manufacturers.
- Centralized product content hub.
- Ability to link product information and digital assets.
- Easily create, import, and share retailer- and distributor-ready content.
Pricing: Catsy PIM doesn’t publicly give out its pricing information. In order to get a quote, you’ll need to reach out to Catsy directly for pricing.
Plytix is a PIM system designed for omnichannel marketing. Plytix offers digital asset management (DAM), product data syndication, brand portals, product sheets, and analytics. They have a user-friendly interface, making it easier for new business owners to navigate across it. Plytix allows users to import product data as XML, CSV, or XLSX.
- Direct and bulk editing of product data.
- Import and export functions.
- Unlimited custom attributes.
- Product feed creation (XML, CSV, XLSX).
Pricing: Plytix offers a free plan for up to 10GB of file storage and 1,000 SKUs. Their Pro plan costs $830/month and includes API access, a dedicated account manager, and other advanced features.
Pimcore, much like Akeneo, is a large open-source solution that is made up of Product Information Management (PIM), Master Data Management (MDM), Digital Asset Management (DAM), and other e-commerce tools. Pimcore is a good fit for big agencies with large operations, software integrators, and enterprises looking to manage or consolidate their product information, digital assets, and master data to improve customer experience.
- Highly scalable.
- Connectivity with enterprise systems such as CRMs, ERPs, ESBs, BIs, or 3rd party applications.
- User-specific dashboards.
- Built-in style editors, snippets, widgets, and responsive design.
- Google Webmasters and Analytics integrations.
Pricing: Pimcore is available for free as an open-source Community edition, as well as through an Enterprise Subscription. For information on Enterprise Subscription pricing, you’ll need to reach out to Pimcore directly.
Salsify is a cloud-based PIM software platform that integrates easily with all major ERP, DAM, and e-commerce platforms. Salsify is ideal for retailers who are dealing with multiple suppliers and sources of information. It has flexible permissions, collaborative tools, and audit history capabilities that make it perfect for big teams that have varying product data demands.
- Real-time collaboration allows you to see when teammates update product data.
- Unlimited users, workflows, channels, and storage.
- Support for multiple languages.
- One-click reminders to request product data or images from your suppliers or teammates.
Pricing: Salsify doesn’t publicly give out its pricing information. In order to get a quote, you’ll need to reach out to them directly for pricing.
8. Agility Multichannel
Agility Multichannel is a PIM solution that has built-in integration tools that allow users to seamlessly import data to multiple channels. It integrates easily with existing e-commerce platforms and provides real-time financial and performance analytics. It is a good fit for both B2C and B2B retailers that want a customizable data management solution.
- Contextual views let you customize and adapt data to each specific channel.
- Integrates easily with existing e-commerce platforms.
- Workflow and process automation.
- Real-time financial and performance analytics.
Pricing: Agility doesn’t publicly give out its pricing information. In order to get a quote, you’ll need to reach out to them directly for pricing.
9. Sales Layer
Sales Layer PIM lets you organize, analyze and sync your products to multiple channels. You can optimize your product information management process through tools that allow you to ensure the quality and completeness of your catalog, add any files and media assets to the software’s DAM, share your content, and syndicate all your sales channels.
- Offers 14 languages.
- Add users with different roles to work collaboratively.
- Generate graphic reports to track the evolution of the quality of your product information.
Pricing: Sales Layer doesn’t have a free version, but they do offer a 30-day free trial. For pricing, you need to get a quote from Sales Layer directly.
Are you unsure whether a PIM solution is the way to go for your organization? Read these key indicators on if a PIM is what your company needs. If you’re able to relate to any point, it’s time to make the shift.